Elegantly Scant is on vacation from 7th to 30th April 2017. Please click here for details!
1. When making your purchase it is important to look for a maternity bra that provides excellent support and flexibility to allow for breast fluctuation. An easy way to check this is to slide your hand into the upper cup section to assess if there is enough room for expansion.
2. When trying on different styles, remember to open and close the bra cup. Most bras open for feeding and some are easier to manage than others. Look for bras where the whole cup folds away, as opposed to rigid 'trapdoor' styles which can also put pressure on a full breast while feeding. One handed maternity clips provide fuss-free release at feeding time.
3. Ensure you buy a soft bra with six rows of hooks and eyes allowing for the diaphragm to expand during the months of pregnancy and the ability to tighten after the baby is born and the diaphragm settles. It also means you will be comfortable and have a beautifully supported silhouette!
4. Power fabric panels will ensure extra support, especially at the breastfeeding stage as breasts become heavier.
5. Underwire bras are not recommended during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Your breasts are changing shape and underwire bras may put pressure on the breast restricting milk flow which can cause blocked milk ducts or result in mastitis.
6. Buy a bra with seam friendly cups designed to avoid the nipple area and therefore the risk of chafing. Seems and stitching across the nipple area or unlined bras can cause irritation to already tender and sensitive breasts.
7. Don't leave it too late to get fitted for your breastfeeding bra. When you feel your bust increase in size, generally around the end of the first trimester, we strongly recommend you visit a professional bra fitter. Depending on the development of your bust size you should be fitted again at approximately seven months, this bra, if fitted well should see you through to the end of your pregnancy and into the breastfeeding stage.
Fall in love with movie star glamour, curves and bows, sass and cheek and the magic of old fashioned ribbon. Remember a time when lingerie was sewn with love and care and embellished with handmade lace
Our bespoke custom made garments, as well as our ready to wear pieces are cut in-house and finished locally.